Meet Our Animal Control Officers
Animal Control Officers
Animal Control Operations Manager
Mr. Studivant has been with St. Johns County Animal Control since 1995.
Animal Control Asst. Manager since 2006
Animal Control Officer since 2004
Animal Control Officer I since 2014
Animal Control Officer I since 2015
Animal Control Officer I since 2017
Daily Goals and Responsibilities
- Our main goals and responsibilities are to return lost pets to their owners and adopt animals that don’t have a home.
- Impound dogs and cats at large in St. Johns County in accordance with County Ordinance 2017-36 (Leash & Dangerous Law Ordinance).
- Provide traps to contain dogs and cats that are sick, injured, vicious, bite case animals, or nuisance strays.
- Transport contained dogs and cats that are captured and contained by private citizens.
- Enforce the County wide Leash & Dangerous Law Ordinance for dogs and cats.
- Identification and return of lost pets. Answer animal-related questions posed by citizens.
- Aid in control of animal diseases including rabies control.
- Aid other agencies when needed. (Sheriff's Office, Humane Society, Wildlife, St. Augustine Police Dept., St. Augustine Beach Police Dept. and area veterinarians.)
- To promote responsible pet ownership.
- Education programs for the County Schools.