Short Term Vacation Rentals
The Short Term Vacation Rental Ordinance is established to provide for registration, basic health, safety, parking and solid waste requirements to help mitigate the effects of short term vacation rentals in an attempt to make them safer, more compatible with existing neighborhood regulations and provide accountability for their proper operation. The County desires to encourage short term vacation rentals that are safe, fit in with the character of the neighborhood, provide positive impacts for tourism, increase property values and achieve a greater neighborhood compatibility while balancing respect for private property rights and incompatibility concerns between investors/short term vacation rentals and families/single family residences in established residential neighborhoods through the use of reasonable development standards.
- Short Term Vacation Rentals Registration
- Short Term Vacation Rentals Ordinance
- Basic Guide to Understanding Short Term Vacation Rentals
- Complete Application (each unit or portion thereof must be registered separately)
- Sample Rental/Lease Agreement that shall include:
- Maximum Occupancy
- Maximum number of vehicles allowed
- Name and 24 hour contact information of the owner, property manager and a secondary contact person
- Acknowledgement and agreement by the tenant/lessee/guest of the right of the County to reasonably inspect.
- Business Tax Receipt
Occupancy Tax Collection and Remittance by Airbnb in Florida - Airbnb Help Center
- Copy of Florida Dept. of Business and Professional Regulation License as a Transient Public Lodging Establishment.
Hotels and Restaurants – Guide to Vacation Rentals and Timeshare Projects – MyFloridaLicense.com
- Copy of Florida Dept. of Revenue Certificate of Registration for payment of Tourist Development Taxes
Florida Dept. of Revenue – Florida Sales and Use Tax – FloridaRevenue.com
- Required Registration fee
- Executed affidavit (Located on the first page of the Registration Application)
Each dwelling unit, or portion thereof, used as a short term vacation rental shall be registered with the County and renewed every 12 months.
If you have a complaint regarding short-term vacation rental properties, please call the Complaint Line at (904) 320-2442 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please check back here for updates regarding complaint procedures for short-term vacation rental properties.