Explore SJC Programs
Connect with nature and learn new skills with these interactive programs. Find all programs currently available on our Explore SJC Program Registration Website.
- Fishing 101 – Learn the ins and outs of saltwater fishing in Florida. These classes are informative and hands-on. Sign up for one class or attend the whole series. Bring your gear and learn while you fish!
- Durbin Creek Kayak Trip – Explore Durbin Creek with St. Johns County Park Naturalists. Participants will paddle the beautiful creek and learn about its unique history and diverse wildlife.
Nature & Veterans
- Military Veteran Fishing – This program was designed in partnership with the VA to provide military veterans of all abilities an opportunity to gain skills and knowledge about fishing.
- Military Veteran Kayaking – This program was designed in partnership with the VA to provide military veterans with all abilities the opportunity to kayak our unique waterways in SJC.
Conservation & Clean-ups
- Waterway Cleanup – SJC Parks and Recreation has partnered with the Matanzas Riverkeeper to help keep our waterways clean. Sign up today to use one of our kayaks or bring your own.
- Community: Come kayak and hike through our Green- and Blue-way spaces with a trained naturalist. Develop a life-long connection with the environment while exploring our passive parks and waterways. Offering group and individual tours, special events and programs. Public and private, day and overnight trips can be arranged seasonally.
- Stewardship: As we come together as a community that understands the value of our natural areas, we can develop ways to promote, protect, and preserve local wilderness and waterways for future generations. The Explore SJC Program will work with local conservation groups and volunteers in environmental programming, events, and clean-ups.
- Innovation: Offering programs that teach individuals and groups about our environment, flora and fauna, local history, and the interaction between natural systems and the developed world. These programs are designed to foster connections with the environment by dispelling fears and fables and empowering individuals with knowledge, safe wilderness practices, and positive experiences.
SJC Parks and Recreation – Where everybody plays.