To be eligible for employment for the position of Firefighter with St. Johns County Fire Rescue, you must meet the following qualifications.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a high school graduate or possess a GED
- Possess and maintain current Florida EMT or Florida Paramedic certification
- Current Basic Healthcare Provider and/or Advanced Cardiac Life Support card
- Possess and maintain current Florida Firefighter Certificate of Compliance
- Possess a valid Class “E” Florida Driver's License
- Driving record must meet the Department requirements for hire concerning Class A and Class B offenses.
- Be a nonuser of tobacco products for at least one year immediately preceding application, as evidenced by sworn affidavit. (F.S. 633.34)
- Successful completion of the Firefighters Ability Test administered by First Coast Technical College (valid for 2-years) or completion of the Firefighter Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) for new applicants administered by any other Florida municipality or county
- Must pass medical exam (NFPA 1582) after conditional job offer