What the Homeownership Program Does
The St. Johns County Homeownership Programs has assembled a team of housing professionals to guide eligible first time homebuyers through all phases of the home buying process. This comprehensive program provides the following services:
- One-on-one credit counseling for rebuilding or perfecting your credit history.
- Homeownership Education
- Affordability Consultation
- Referral to the most beneficial mortgage loan program for your individual situation.
- Access to all available State or Federal down payment / purchase assistance programs you are eligible for.
- The ability to access SHIP purchase assistance funds to partner or layer with other state or federal funds if available.
- Information and connection with the network of home builders and developers who are working with us to provide affordable housing locally.
- Coordinates interaction between the credit counselor, mortgage consultant, lender, purchase assistance programs, builder/developer or realtor and closing agent.
Please Note: Submittal of a St. Johns County Homeownership Program Registration Packet is mandatory in order to participate in the program and is the only way to be eligible to access SHIP purchase assistance funds.