2017 Youth Basketball
March Youth Basketball is back in 2017!
Are you ready for Youth Basketball to return in spring 2017?
The St. Johns County Parks and Recreation youth basketball league tips off another exciting season for athletes ages 9-14 years old!
Practices and games will take place at the Solomon Calhoun Community Center, 1300 Duval Street, St. Augustine. Game Schedules will be finalized in February. All games are played on Saturday mornings or afternoons. Practices are scheduled by individual coaches.
9-11 *Elementary* | 12-14 *Middle School*
How to Register
Registrations will be accepted through Tryouts on February 11, 2017.
Fill out the League Registration Form
- Turn in your form at the Solomon Calhoun Center from 2 to 6 p.m.,
or at our Main Office, 2175 Mizell Rd, St. Augustine from 8 to 5 p.m.
- Bring a copy of child's birth certificate.
- Pay a $30 Non-Refundable participation fee.
Make checks out to St. Johns County Recreation Dept.
February 11, 2017 at Solomon Calhoun Center Gym. Times listed below.
- All players make a team; this allows us to evenly distribute players to teams as best possible.
- League age is based on the age of the child on January 1, 2016 (e.g. if they are 12 on January 1 they play in the 11&12 division).
- Players moving up an age group must go through the try-outs.
- All new players must go through the try-outs. If a child is unable to attend the try-out, they will still be placed on a team.
- Players on high school basketball teams (freshman, junior varsity, or varsity) are not eligible to participate in this program.
Boys: 9-10 @ 9:00 AM | Boys 11-12 @ 10:00 AM | Boys 13-14. @ 11:00 AM
All Girls: 9-14 @ 12:00 Noon
Please do not come until your scheduled try-out time.
- You will be contacted by a coach within two weeks following the try-outs.
- The time and place of practices are determined by the coaches. Players must attend a minimum of one practice per week to receive the minimum league playing time.
- Team jerseys will be provided by the first game.
- Games will be played at the Solomon Calhoun Center.
- Schedules will be posted online and passed out no later than the first scheduled game.
- Team practices begin after tryouts. The season runs through the end of May.
- Coaches are nationally and locally background checked and required to attend a coach's certification class to volunteer in this league.
A Reminder for Parents
Please remember that the St. Johns County Parks & Recreation Department runs the Youth Basketball League as a recreational league for the children. We want all teams and players to feel that they are playing in a safe environment and that their experience is a positive one. Also remember that our referees are doing their best and we are trying to reinforce good sportsmanship within our league. Please notify the League Director of any problem that you may have and it will be handled accordingly. Thank you for your participation in the league and good luck with your season.
For more information, please contact Brian James at firstname.lastname@example.org or (904) 209-0365
SJC Parks and Recreation – Where everybody plays