For more information about available assistance programs and how to apply, please follow the links below:
- Limited Rental and Utility Assistance >>
- Emergency Home Energy Assistance for the Elderly Program >>
Services Provided to Eligible Residents
- Referrals to Other Community Agencies
- DCF Access Community Partner
- Rental Assistance in times of financial crisis
- Utility Assistance in times of financial crisis
- Inpatient Physician and Outpatient Services
- Specialty Physician Visits
- Eligibilty Determination for:
- Solid Waste Tax Exemption
- Humanitarian Waiver
- Emergency Management Services Transportation Discount/Write Off
Social Services staff remain up-to-date with services available within the community and will provide you with information and assist you in navigating through the available community resources. Social Services provides assistance to St. Johns County residents under the umbrella of the Health and Human Services Department. Clients must follow through with referrals to other agencies.
Program services are available for applicants without health insurance coverage. For those with inadequate coverage, the Social Services Department will not supplement or provide assistance for persons who have reached the maximum coverage of their insurance.
Applicants for all types of service provided through St. Johns County must be physically residing in the County and provide verification of residency. Persons are considered County residents when they establish and maintain a living arrangement, outside of an institution, which they, or someone responsible for them, consider to be their home. The length of time a person physically resides in the County will not be a determining factor provided they don't maintain a residence in another County or State. Students who are away from home attending school will be considered residents of the County in which their parents live if they are claimed as dependents by their parents for Income Tax purposes.
Have questions or need assistance? We are open to assist you! Please call (904) 209-6140.
- Social Services Main Office – Monday thru Friday, 8am to 5pm
200 San Sebastian View, Suite 2300
St. Augustine, FL 32084
- Social Services Hastings Office – Tuesday & Thursday, 10am to 5pm
Hastings Library, 6195 S Main St.
Hastings, FL 32145