COVID-19 UPDATES: For Information regarding St. Johns County's response to coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), including closures, cancellations, and access to facilities please visit our St. Johns County Corona Virus (COVID-19) Response site.
COVID-19 Assistance Available
Limited rental and utility assistance is available for St. Johns County residents if you have been impacted by COVID-19.
The following completed application and documents are required to process your request. You will need Acrobat Reader or a similar PDF viewer to view application and/or fill out.
- Completed St. Johns County Social Services Application (PDF)
- Documented hardship: some examples are loss of employment, reduction in hours or hospital stay
- St Johns County Picture ID or Driver’s License
- Social Security card for all members of household
- Proof of income for last 30 days
- Bank statements for last 30 days
- Past due utility bill
- 3 day notice or letter from landlord stating the amount due with description of what the total covers and copy of full lease.
Application & Document Submission Instructions
Complete entire application and submit ALL of the required documents at the same time. All required documentation must be provided for staff to start the eligibility for assistance process. If you have any questions, please call (904) 209-6140.
Document Submission – Completed application and documents can be submitted through one of the following options:
- Submit electronically using our SJC Document Uploader | Document Uploader Instructions (PDF)
- Print out and drop off in a locked box outside our door.
- Print and mail to: Social Services, 200 San Sebastian View, Suite 2300, St. Augustine, FL 32084.
As this funding is very limited, if you are seeking assistance due to loss of employment we ask that you apply as soon as possible for Unemployment Assistance and Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP Food Assistance).
Have questions or need assistance? We are open to assist you! Please call (904) 209-6140.
- Social Services Main Office – Monday thru Friday, 8am to 5pm
- Social Services Hastings Office – Tuesday & Thursday, 10am to 5pm
Services Provided to Eligible Residents
- Referrals to Other Community Agencies
- DCF Access Community Partner
- Rental Assistance in times of financial crisis
- Utility Assistance in times of financial crisis
- Inpatient Physician and Outpatient Services
- Specialty Physician Visits
- Eligibilty Determination for:
- Solid Waste Tax Exemption
- Humanitarian Waiver
- Emergency Management Services Transportation Discount/Write Off
Social Services staff remain up-to-date with services available within the community and will provide you with information and assist you in navigating through the available community resources. Social Services provides assistance to St. Johns County residents under the umbrella of the Health and Human Services Department. Clients must follow through with referrals to other agencies.
Program services are available for applicants without health insurance coverage. For those with inadequate coverage, the Social Services Department will not supplement or provide assistance for persons who have reached the maximum coverage of their insurance.
Applicants for all types of service provided through St. Johns County must be physically residing in the County and provide verification of residency. Persons are considered County residents when they establish and maintain a living arrangement, outside of an institution, which they, or someone responsible for them, consider to be their home. The length of time a person physically resides in the County will not be a determining factor provided they don't maintain a residence in another County or State. Students who are away from home attending school will be considered residents of the County in which their parents live if they are claimed as dependents by their parents for Income Tax purposes.